Easy Apple Crisp recipe will be great on rainy day or as a fall or winter treat not to mention that your house will be filled with the amazing smell of sugar and apples.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: Serves 8
- 10 apples, peeled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Quick cook Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 350F
- In a large mixing bowl place peeled sliced apples, add 1/4 cup of white sugar and a 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Then add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix with your hands so all the apples are covered in sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the apple mixture into a pan that is about 9x13.
- Then use the same mixing bowl to combine,flour, oats and the rest of the brown sugar along with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the dry mixture well, then add melted butter and the water.
- Then spread the batter over the apples. Bake for about 45 mins or until golden brown and apples are soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream